solicitors Reigate Horley

Domestic Abuse

Here at Sheppersons Solicitors we have a great deal of experience in dealing with cases of contact usdomestic abuse and violence.

We will always act quickly and confidentially to find a resolution to the situation you are in, including providing advice on getting protection and long term legal remedies such as court injunctions.

For immediate advice contact us to speak to one of our specialist family solicitors.

What is a Court Injunction?

An injunction is a court order instructing someone (your abuser) not to do something such as contacting you, harming you or harassing you. This is known as a non molestation order.

If your abuser then continues with that behaviour they will be in contempt of court and may therefore be liable for immediate arrest by the Police.

In some circumstances the injunction may forbid the person from coming within a certain distance of you and not to contacting you by telephone, text or email.

Can I have my abusive partner removed from our home?

It is possible to obtain an occupation order from the courts, this states who can live in a property. An occupation can therefore be used to remove someone from your home. They can be removed forcibly by the Police if they refuses to leave.

An occupation order can be made in conjunction with a non molestation order in cases where your are judged to be at significant harm from your abuser.

What sorts of behaviour is classed as ‘Domestic Abuse?’

Domestic abuse can take many forms, including:

If you have been subjected to any type of domestic abuse please contact us for advice.

Two members of our Family law team are members of Resolution.resolution family lawyers
Members of Resolution are required to follow the Resolution code of practice which commits family lawyers to resolving disputes in a non-confrontational way, preserving people’s dignity and encouraging agreements.