Solicitors Reigate Horley

The Court of Protection

When a family member or loved one becomes mentally incapable of managing their own affairs, either through an old age related disease such as Dementia or Alzheimer's, or because of an accident, it can become necessary for a relative or friend to apply to the Public Guardianship Office to be appointed as their deputy.

Becoming a deputy means that you legally become entitled to manage that person's finance and property matters on their behalf and in their interests.

A number of different legal solutions do exist when someone can no longer manage their own affairs. Our specialist solicitors can help you to determine whether the Court of Protection or a Lasting Power of Attorney is the most suitable one for you.

Deciding which option to take is not easy and specialist legal advice should be sought.

With diseases such as Alzheimer's and Dementia, it is often the contact uscase that the person involved may have fluctuating mental capacity, good days and bad. In these cases we may seek medical advice to help determine the best solution.

We have a lot of experience in helping people to deal with the Court of Protection. Whether you just need help with the application, or you need more involved advice and guidance managing the person's affairs, we can help.

Contact us for more information.